Gutsy Leaders create Gutsy Teams that make Gutsy Moves. Be proactive – not reactive; that’s how the best organizations create the future. It begins by summoning the courage to change tactics and align. Drawing on a distinguished career as a U.S. Marine combat helicopter pilot, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour unloads valuable lessons learned under the most stressful of circumstances – about leadership, teamwork, resilience, communication, execution, and building a culture of unshakable trust. A compelling storyteller who commands attention – in-person or virtually, FlyGirl inspires audiences and shows them the key steps to achieving more than they ever thought possible.
• Create a culture of trust where everyone steps up, engages, and collaborates
• How really knowing your people can harness skills, talents & hidden passions
• Unleash the full potential of diversity to impact the bottom line
• Disrupt traditional metrics of success (measure more than money)
• How to decide when to plant and when to pivot
How you respond to personal and professional obstacles, adversity, and disappointment is a choice. It also determines your future. Black, gay, and a child of divorce, Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour learned this early. Her incredible journey – from police department to the Marines and becoming America’s first Black female combat pilot – was filled with challenges, adventures, successes, and ultimate triumph. She translates those lessons for audiences, drawing from her book Zero to Breakthrough – The 7-Step, Battle-Tested Method for Accomplishing Goals that Matter. FlyGirl is a force who will rock the house! Her energy, enthusiasm, and positivity inspire people to Get Gutsy and reimagine what’s possible.
- 7 steps shatter limiting beliefs, unleashing personal and professional breakthroughs
- Swap a defeating “Zero Mentality” with a winning “Breakthrough Mentality”
- Delay is not Denial, and to Retreat does not mean Defeat
- Tactics to ignite your passion and design the path to your dreams
Helicopter pilots can spring into action from where they are. They don’t need a runway. Being nimble gives them an incredible edge in battle. Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour thinks this metaphor is perfect for uncertain times where speed and agility are survival skills. FlyGirl not only fires up an audience – in-person and virtually – with her energy and memorable stories, she punctuates hard-learned lessons with tactics that can be used to quickly adapt to the forces of change impacting your organization. This presentation is perfect for audiences navigating uncertainty, new regulations, unparalleled market forces, or looking to accomplish audacious goals. Give your group the necessary boost to come together as a team and innovate quickly and confidently.
- Recognize and take decisive action to capitalize on a defining digital moment
- The situation is never perfect – gain momentum from where you are
- Decide, Commit, Execute
- Recognize and harness the skills and talents of everyone around you
- Create a “Zero to Breakthrough” culture
This isn’t about politics; this is about being proactive. This is about coming together and deciding what we can do as an organization to create an equitable culture for employees, stakeholders, and customers that serves all involved. Where ALL can feel like they belong. Where all feel like they are part of the team. This is about establishing rules of engagement for civil, productive conversations that find solutions, not fault. Vernice “FlyGirl” Armour was a diversity officer for U.S. Marine Corps HQ and liaison to the Pentagon. As a gay, Black woman she brought valuable personal experience to her work, driving diversity policy for a 200,000 personnel organization. When you bring people together, you will have differences and similarities that result in tension and complexities…THIS IS NORMAL! How you MANAGE diversity is the key!
- Why it’s time to turn THE Conversation into a NEW Conversation
- Ways to face uncomfortable issues without playing ostrich
- How to prevent a counter-productive herd mentality
- Set an example of civility and motivate people to respond in kind
- Create a culture that values and respects all team members