The world is changing faster than we ever imagined, leaders and teams have to dig deep within themselves to break through and find opportunity in uncertain times. Before becoming a #1 NYT best selling author, playing basketball at the White House, having beers with Prince Harry, or living out his other dreams, Ben suffered from crippling depression.
After committing to a series of positive life changes, Ben had a shift in perspective that changed his outlook on life and opened himself up to endless possibility. From there he committed to following his buried dreams and helping others through acts of service. The rest is history and Ben’s life changing message has opened up audiences around the world to cultures of service, gratitude and endless potential.
- Recognize that all aspects of their lives impact their work performance.
- Learn 8 practices that increase wellbeing during times of stress, anxiety and burnout (Resilience Toolkit).
- Recognize that small acts of service can create a large scale impact in your organization and community.
- Transform their perspective to optimize performance.
“It is the power of giving, compassion and hope that will get us through hard times.” Ben has experienced this first hand. He has helped hundreds of people accomplish their dreams over the past 15 years and this feeling of connectedness and purpose has fueled him through feelings of uncertainty.
Ben shares touching stories of helping others to not only inspire but also offer insight that can improve our daily life and our work environment. A culture of service can unlock potential and align team members in the workplace and in their communities. And contrary to popular belief, helping others doesn’t always have to be a selfless act. Giving can actually help us in more ways than we think.
- Have five reasons why helping others actually helps themselves.
- Understand that they can’t take care of others, unless they care for themselves.
- Harness the power of the Ripple Effect by making kindness contagious.
- Transform their understanding of what is possible.
Ben has driven countless people to achieve their dreams, as both a helping hand and as an inspiration. These experiences have taught him that articulating and prioritizing your personal goals is not a selfish act—but one that creates a positive ripple effect that inspires others to live their best life. Ben weaves the remarkable story of how The Buried Life grew from 100 impossible dreams into a global movement and connects his lessons to the fabric of our daily lives.
Ben’s message of radical possibility combined with his ‘5 Steps to Make the Impossible Possible’ leaves audiences not only inspired but also equipped with tools to tackle the seemingly insurmountable. Ben’s system of achieving impossible goals demystifies daunting tasks by turning ‘pipe dreams’ into ‘projects’ and creates inspiration through action and accountability. Ben reminds us of the lasting power of service and that it’s never too late leave your impact on the world.
- Learn how to accomplish seemingly impossible goals (5 Steps to Make the Impossible Possible).
- Identify the #1 thing that holds them back from accomplishing your goals.
- Harness the power of moonshots
- Adopt a mindset of endless possibility
An organization can only become the-best-version-of-itself to the extent that its employees are becoming better-versions-of-themselves. Proving that you care enough to ask your people what matters most to them goes a long way, and it’s easier than you think to help them get there.
Ben brings home the importance of pursuing a bucket list, not only for your own wellbeing, but also for your career and for those around you. Ben facilitates goal sharing and inspires people into action through masterful storytelling and by implementing tiers of accountability to drive them towards their goals.
- Understand that their organization deeply cares about them, personally and professionally.
- Learn how to implement tiers of accountability around personal goals.
- Identify the most important dreams in their life and take actionable steps toward them.
- Leverage their purpose to propel their performance.
Ben is a mental health advocate who believes that all humans have ups and they have downs. He believes the stigma around mental illness can be broken through open, honest conversations. However, the onus is not on the 1 in 5 who struggle with mental health to break the stigma, the responsibility falls on all of us.
By showing how his vulnerabilities have become his strengths, Ben gives others the courage to talk about their internal battles. He shares the tools that help him cope with the stresses of life and emphasizes that it is ok to reach out for help.
- Increase resilience, lower stress and feel equipped to manage the ups and downs of life.
- Build their own ‘Mental Health Toolkit’ of easy to implement practices that increase wellbeing during times of anxiety and burnout.
- Recognize that it’s ok to not be ok.
- Walk away with resources to boost their mental health.