New Topic & Book Release – Economorphics: The Trends Turning Today into Tomorrow
In her provocative new book and speaking topic, Economorphics: The Trends Turning Today into Tomorrow, economist Linda Nazarethlooks at the economic, demographic and social trends that are morphing our world into a new one. Download a complimentary copy here today – exclusively for GSA clients.
Over the next 20 years, the world as we know it will change in innumerable ways. Economic trends will shift, turning losers into winners, haves into have-nots and creating chaos for those who weren’t prepared. Think of a giant chessboard. Now imagine how hard it would be to play if all of the pieces changed shape, color and position. Oh, and if someone changed the rules as well.
In Economorphics, audiences will learn about:
The Big Demographic Shifts
• Why the demographic window is slamming shut
• How a wave of mobility is changing the global playing field
• Why cities are getting bigger, and why that means there is more at stake in terms of the economy.
The Economic Power Shifts
• Why the economic deck is getting reshuffled, and which countries that are moving up, and moving down;
• Why a new middle class is emerging
• Why North America’s income structure is starting to resemble a stuck teeter-totter, and what that means to the economic outlook.
The New Realities and Attitudes
• Why resource prices are headed up
• Why work is not a place anymore, and what that will mean for the people who used to be employers and employees;
• Why financial markets are going to be challenging for a long while to come, and how you can safeguard yourself and your investments;
• Why what the boomers do next still matters, and what it is that they are likely to do;
• Why the era of “ladies first” is upon us
• Why we are on the edge of a new age of innovation (and why we really need to be on the edge of one).
In a clear, accessible style, Nazareth outlines the key trends that will shape the next two decades. To succeed in this changing world, everyone needs a strategic plan, whether for their business, their portfolio, their career or their life. The starting point is knowledge. Economorphics is for anyone who wants to take control of their future.
Linda Nazareth is an economist, author, broadcaster, and speaker. The Senior Fellow for Economics and Population Change at the Macdonald-Laurier Institute and a blogger for the Globe and Mail’s Economy Lab, she is an expert on demographics and trends, and uses a wide range of media to communicate her observations about a world in transition.